Skip to content
- Cataract surgery: 50% of the blindness in Rwanda is caused by cataract. Cataract surgery is being performed via Phacoemulsification and via SICS (Small Incision Cataract surgery).
- Glaucoma: is the second cause of blindness in Rwanda. Surgery is often needed to prevent progression of the disease.
- Retinal surgery: is needed for patients with retinal detachments, advanced diabetic retinopathy, and after a severe eye trauma.
- Eyelid surgery and orbital surgery: ptosis corrections, ectropion and entropion corrections, eyelid reconstructions, lacrimal surgery.
- Corneal crosslinking for patients with keratoconus.
- Laser treatments for patients with secondary cataracts (Yag laser), diabetic retinopathy (pattern laser via Pascal Laser, diode laser) and certain types of glaucoma (Yag laser and SLT)
- Pediatric Eye Surgeries: Treatment of children with retinoblastoma (= cancer in the eye), congenital cataract and congenital glaucoma, strabismus and trauma.